Saturday, June 30, 2007
Remember yesterday I said I wanted to make better friends with cats?
Well, lately, I've been going upstairs early in the morning to see if I can get some snuggles before Sam takes them all. My Papa Bear has been boosting me on to the big bed, and I get to snuggle between Papa Bear and my Mom. Sometimes Baby the Cat is there, but she usually hides behind my Mom.
Today she walked right over to me! I made friends with a cat!!
P.S. She smells very, very interesting.
Friday, June 29, 2007
Our Circuit (Methodist) is having a "Gifts and talents day" tomorrow- we have a minister visiting from another circuit who has modified the Myers Briggs personality test and added a few things of his own to run a day where we get to look at ourselves in the light of giftings and of the whole church. The idea is to encourage everyone with the news that there is room for you in the ministry of the church- and perhaps to discover where that ministry might be.....
It should be an interesting day, and one where I hope people will leave feeling encouraged and challenged...
So with gifts and talents in mind here is todays Friday 5;
1. Personality tests; love them or hate them?
The only important personality test is the one I give to everybody I meet: it's the Molly Berner Temperament Index. The three possible results are:
Doesn't know what's good for them
2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture ?
I am highly intellectual and creative about getting my people to serve my practical needs.
3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had yours yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be?
I'm not famous? But I'm on the Internet!
4. If you were given a 2 year sabbatical ( oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art.....something completely different...share your dream with us...
My whole life is a sabbatical. Come on over to the couch, and let's have a nap.
5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you.
I would like to be able to make better friends with my cats.
How about you? What talent would you like to have?
Saturday, June 23, 2007
1. Jesus loved everybody, even people who nobody else liked. That's how I feel about people, too, and I love being like Jesus that way. I always say hello to everybody and try to make them feel happy.
2. Jesus told a lot of stories. I tell a lot of stories, too! Wroo Wroo!!!
3. My mom says this list is not just about me. She says think of something that is different from me. Hmmm.
Okay, I've got one. Jesus liked walking from place to place so he could talk to as many people as possible. He didn't wait for people to give him a ride. He used his own feet. (I prefer the car.)
4. Jesus loved the little children, back when people didn't make a fuss over them. That is sweet. I love little children, too. (I can't help it, Mom, I really can't.)
5. Jesus told people to love each other. That's the most important thing there is.
What do you dig about Jesus?
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
My friend, Seeker, asked me to play a game and tell you eight random facts about me. So, here goes!
1. I am a BERNESE Mountain Dog. I am not a Burmese anything, but lots of people say it that way. My ancestors came from the Bernese Oberland in Switzerland, and I am proud to be a Mountain Dog.
2. I like to look pretty, and I don't mind going to the groomer, but I hate it when my Mom brushes me. It's not as much fun.
3. Every time I meet a Chow, those dogs with the purple tongues, they want to play with me, especially the boys.
4. My brother, Sam, is very jealous when I play with Chows.
5. We have three cats at our house, and not one of them will let me sniff his or her bottom. I swear, all I want to do is sniff.
6. I have a weakness for Dog Nip. Sometimes I just have to roll in it. Life's too short not to. Seriously.
7. I love going to church almost more than anything, especially going in the big church when the choir is practicing and I can sing along. Wroo Wroo!!!!
8. When I was a puppy, I had operations on one hip and both elbows and they had to shave a lot of my fur off, and I didn't like it one single bit. I looked silly.
(That's a picture of me after my hip surgery, with one of my human brothers. We're both more grown up now. Don't tell him I used this picture, okay? I really liked that pretty bed, but when Sam was a puppy, he peed on it, more than once, so my mom threw the inside part away. She's always saying she'll get a new one to use with the pretty cover, but she never does.)
I don't know who to tag except Whistle and Cub. Will you play? If any of my commenters would like to play on their human's blogs, that would be great, too!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
I don't know why they call them Funderstorms. They are not FUN!!! Whenever I feel the thunder coming, I want to run away! I pant and pant, and no one can make me feel better. I feel all electric inside. I go to higher ground. My mom says I could work for the National Weather Service. She also says higher ground is a good him, but I don't know what she means.
Last night we had big funderstorms, and they came right at dinnertime, and I could not eat in my usual spot because I was too upset. My human sister brought my dish upstairs, and when the storm got quieter, I could eat my supper, mostly.
Do you like funderstorms?
I really, really don't.