Our Circuit (Methodist) is having a "Gifts and talents day" tomorrow- we have a minister visiting from another circuit who has modified the Myers Briggs personality test and added a few things of his own to run a day where we get to look at ourselves in the light of giftings and of the whole church. The idea is to encourage everyone with the news that there is room for you in the ministry of the church- and perhaps to discover where that ministry might be.....
It should be an interesting day, and one where I hope people will leave feeling encouraged and challenged...
So with gifts and talents in mind here is todays Friday 5;
1. Personality tests; love them or hate them?
The only important personality test is the one I give to everybody I meet: it's the Molly Berner Temperament Index. The three possible results are:
Doesn't know what's good for them
2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture ?
I am highly intellectual and creative about getting my people to serve my practical needs.
3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had yours yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be?
I'm not famous? But I'm on the Internet!
4. If you were given a 2 year sabbatical ( oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art.....something completely different...share your dream with us...
My whole life is a sabbatical. Come on over to the couch, and let's have a nap.
5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you.
I would like to be able to make better friends with my cats.
How about you? What talent would you like to have?