My mom posted this:
Did you know that the major purpose for forming a non-profit, RevGalBlogPals, Inc., was to be able to attract grant support for a large scale RevGalBlogPal meetup? My dream from the beginning has been attracting financial support that would allow as many of our bloggers to be together as possible.
RGBP, Inc. now has a planning committee, and we are in the early stages of planning the RevGalBlogPal Big Event. What, When, Where and Who are all on the table at the moment. In that spirit, I bring you the Big Event Friday Five.
1. What would the meeting be like? (Continuing Ed? Retreat? Outside Speakers? Interest Groups? Workshops? Hot Stone Massages? Pedicures? Glorified Slumber Party?)
Wroo wroo! I like Interest Groups. Are those like Playgroups? Would there be separate rooms for RevGalDogPals and RevGalCatPals? Or could I finally get to meet Whistle and Littleman Kitty? Could we have a special group for Therapy Dogs? And will you paint my toenails?
2. When in 2008 might you be able to attend? January? Shortly after Easter? Summer? Fall? Some other time?
My calendar is wide open!
3. Where would your dream meeting location be? (Urban Hotel? Rural Retreat Center? New England Camp? Southwestern Fantasy Hotel? Far away from civilization? Nearby Outlets or Really Great Thrift Stores?)
Obviously, it needs to be at a pet-friendly resort. Sheesh!
4. Who would make a great keynote speaker? (That's if #1 leads us in that direction.)
I have a lot of things to say! Pick me, pick me!
5. Did I leave out something you want to suggest?
Yes. The most important thing on the menu: Milkbones.
Dream big for the Big Event!!!