My mama posted this at RevGalBlogPals:
Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:8, NRSV)
Friends, it's nearly Thanksgiving in the U.S. and it's the time of year when we are pressed to name things for which we are thankful. I want to offer a twist on the usual lists and use Paul's letter to the church at Philippi as a model. Name five things that are true, honorable, just, pure, pleasing, commendable, excellent or worthy of praise. These could be people, organizations, acts, ideas, works of art, pieces of music--whatever comes to mind for you.
Clearly, Molly the Blogging Dog belongs on such a list. Thanks to jo(e) for the great picture of Molly.
Hey, it's a meme about me!! (I had a really good time with jo(e) when she came to visit.
I'm going to play it!
1) True is a word I like, and it's what I try to always be. Being a dog, I don't have trouble being true to myself, but I have also learned from my brother, Sam, that being true to your own family matters. He is a very loyal dog. He likes our people better than all other people, except maybe Louise, who takes us for walks. He loves her a lot. Sam is true to Louise and to us. I appreciate him!
2) Excellent is when we are walking in the woods, and I am feeling hot, and right close by I find cool, cool water to drink. Sometimes I even lie down! My mama and Papa Bear don't always like it that I lie down, but they understand how hot I get and that I need to cool off.
3) Worthy of praise is church. I really love going to church. The people are very, very friendly. Some of them sing, and I like to sing along. That is how I praise God! Wroo wroo!
4) Pleasing is when people are petting me and telling me I am pretty.
5) Honorable and commendable are the people and groups who take care of animals who don't have homes. One of those groups is down in Mississippi, where my friend, Sister, lives with all her cats: Andy, Whistle, Fish and Dubby. I am a member of the Humane Society of South Mississippi. They even send me mail! You can join, too. There is also a group that rescues dogs like me from puppy mills and auctions. You can read about them here. You can even see pictures of the dogs they rescued!
You can play this meme, too, and I hope you will!